2/9/10

Sweethearts



I've been in kind of a Shabby Chic kind of mood, design wise lately so I decided to do a shabby type layout. My friend Denise sent me these adorable pictures of her kids taken by her friend Stacie Petrini. I'm going to scrap some of them in color as well because the color ones are so cute but for this layout, the sepia toned ones worked better.




















I made the flowers with rolled up patterned paper and then spritzed them with Cotton Candy Spritz. I also sprinkled on some pink glitter from Making Memories. One of the flowers I made with rolled up silk ribbon and also spritzed it with Cotton Candy. The "S" in the title was made with rolled up paper and spritzed with Hot Fudge Vibez. Love that color! I also used it on the chipboard key, on the large doily and the edges of the small doily. I used Razzle Dazzle Berry Vibez all around the edges of the layout. It is such a bright, pretty color!


The color of Vibez that I am just crazy about right now is Vertigre! I used it on the leaves on this layout. I folded the leaves in half before I spritzed them and the coppery shimmer pooled in the fold and dried that way. I think the look is fantastic!

In my next Shimmerz Ed Video, I will teach you the rolled paper flower technique as well as the paper roses on my latest canvas. I'll let you know when it is filmed and posted! In the mean time, you have to watch the latest video from Lucy Edson here. She made some fabulous flowers with quilt batting! Check it out!
Blessings and peace,
~L


3 comments:

Lori S. said...

Lori it is GORGEOUS!!! I LOVE it and I am totally excited about seeing the video for the flowers! You are so very talented and I love to see your work! I LOVE the shabby chic the MOST!!!

dstandard said...

Awesome Lori - Love this! Fabulous flowers1

Juliana Michaels 17turtles said...

what a cool LO! love those flowers!