12/20/07

winter wonderland!



Tomorrow we are off to one of the prettiest places I've ever been...

Lake Chelan!

This is the view from the deck of my inlaws' house. It will take us two days to get there because of all this crazy winter weather. Say a prayer for our safe travels. We are already guaranteed a very white Christmas because of all the snow that has fallen. The boys are going to be thrilled! The whole family will be gathering at Mom and Dads and now we have a little girl (my niece) thrown into the mix. Should be wild times. I can't wait!

I'll be stealing a tradition from Stacey and her sisters...

I bought matching pajamas for my sister-in-law and me! I'll be sure to get lots of photos to post here post holiday! I'm already thinking of my quiet days in January scrapbooking in my little room, ahhhhhhh!

Make sure you all take tons of photos, you just can't go back and recapture those memories!

What are your holiday traditions? What new traditions will you start this year if any? I'd love to know!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Jennie (Jenn) said...

Have a good holiday Lori...
Do show us pix of that beautiful place...

Anonymous said...

That looks like a beautiful place! Have a safe trip...and, a Merry Christmas.

One tradition I used to do with the kids when we had to travel on Christmas eve was to pack a "backpack" with fun, new goodies...new Gameboy games, coloring books, activity books, misc. toys, etc. and that would keep them busy (and patient).

Some other traditions are quite small...like, opening our Christmas cards at the dinner table and then passing them around for everyone to see and read. We also read a new Christmas book on Christmas eve night after all the hubbub has died down and we are home by ourselves. This year, I would like to try and make these cookies that I remember my mom making when I was a kid.

Anonymous said...

Hey girlfren.....
Here's hoping that you are on the road this morning and things are going well.....sooooo glad that you are going to a place that offers you warmth and love....makes the holidays great ones.
Will miss you this trip but will see you in January dear one....take the best of care.....
Holiday huggers,
Jann