3/5/09

A day of ups and downs...

So we all have them. Days with highs and lows. We woke up to a cold house, heat not working. No biggie, layer up, call the repair man. Stuff happens.

I got to help a friend in need today by providing a kick ass meal. I can cook. My mom's way of saying she loved ya was to feed ya. That's how I roll too.

Finally sat down to my favorite show tonight, Ugly Betty, and the Direct TV goes all screwey. No biggie. Stuff happens. I read a book with Nate. Big Red Dog he calls him, you know, Clifford. Good stuff.

Joe, my teenage son wanted to "talk" tonight. Love it. Love that my big boy loves to talk to his mom about stuff. Talked for a long time. Laughed and cried. Good stuff.

I love this blog. Keeps me grounded. She keeps it real.

That's all I've got. I'm so tired.



I'll leave you with a quote:

Do not take life too seriously.
You will never get out of it alive.
-- Elbert Hubbard

Good advice.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great post!! Loved it!! Talk about keepin' it real...{hugs}

marcibun said...

You know, that's so wierd - I volunteered at my local food pantry yesterday and when I got back I instantly got on the message boards and basically said the same thing as Kim - find your local food pantry/shelter, and see if you can lend a hand. I'm so happy to see others doing the same. So many people need our help right now, if we all band together we can make it through. ;)