11/4/08

I feel...

so proud of our country! Tonight I cry tears of pride and joy. I cry as my two oldest sons scream their different political views at each other. Joe as a democrat, Nick as a republican. I am so proud that our country as a whole can look beyond the color of a person's skin and into their character and into their dreams for our nation.

My all time favorite quote is this:

"I have a dream that someday my four children will be judged not for the color of their skin but by the content of their character."
~Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

I am SO PROUD!!

4 comments:

marcibun said...

Me too Lori, I feel so much better about the world today, and so much more positive about the future.

Way to go America!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I feel the same, Lori! I am so proud that my kids know why voting is so important and also what a privilege it is that they can. I haven't posted on my blog yet about it, but you can be sure I will be saying a lot of the same there too!

W said...

HI LORI! It was so great to meet you today. Thanks so much for letting me invade and learn some new stuff! It was fun. :)
Sarah W (Dubya)

Anonymous said...

Girl me cried too ... me cried too ...