10/21/08

back from C-Town...

Hey y'all! I'm back from Chicago. It was a very short but fun-packed trip! I got in to town Friday night and all of the girls rushed off to Sepia for a dinner for Paige. It was a lovely restaurant with delicious food (Elaine and I ate baby octopus! YuM - tasted like chicken, LoL). I got to know Kelly's friends Rox and Elaine, and Elaine's daughters, Emma and Charlotte as well as some of Paige's friends. As Kelly suspected, Rox, Elaine and I hit it off in a big way! I felt like we had been friends forever. We shared dinner and great wine and then we were all pooped (bunch of old broads!) so Rox made some prank phone calls in the car on the way back to the hotel and then we all crashed.

Saturday I hung out with Kelly as we caught up on everything, talked and talked and ironed tablecloths for the reception!

The wedding was at A New Leaf in downtown Chicago which is actually a floral shop attatched to a banquet facility. It was so perfect, simple and unique. It was simply decorated with candles EVERYWHERE! My favorite part of the place was the courtyard.

My inlaws are in town and my Mother In Law wants to take me shopping today (FUN!) so I'm just going to to post a few pics of the STUNNING bride, Paige and the man of her dreams, Chris:

 

 

 

 


Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments so be sure to say hello! I'll be sure to post more pics of us later. I've gotta share our photo booth shots!! Way too much fun!

Love to you!
~L
Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

Leslie Ashe said...

Welcome back!!! I can't wait to hear more about your trip :) Sounds great so far!!
Paige is a BEAUTIFUL girl!! What a handsome new hubby she has too!
LOVE the photo's!!

Have a great day!
Leslie

Anonymous said...

Glad you survived Chicago Lori! What a beautiful bride!!

Danielle Flanders said...

These photos are really beautiful!!
Hugs!
dani

Gems said...

Your trip sounds great, and the photos are lovely - she looks beautiful :o) xxx

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow, was she ever beautiful on her special day! Love the dress and hairpiece, and those yellow flowers and his tie are great visual pops. So glad you had such a fun time!

Leigh Penner said...

What gorgeous couple!!

Anabelle O'Malley said...

What a beautiful bride, Lori!!! It sounds like you had a great trip. There's nothing like being with the girls. So glad you had fun. Can't wait to see what you do with all of the pictures!

Jann said...

OMG I am so thrilled that you got to go to the wedding...:o) How was Kella? Paige was beautiful...or rather IS beautiful! i am sooo happy for she and her new hubby!
Post lots of pics hon...:o)
Glad your back safe and sound.
Jann

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! Paige looks so much like Kelly. She's beautiful I love her dress and her hair was perfect. What a beautiful couple.
d

Anonymous said...

She's gorgeous Lori! Can't wait to hear more and see those booth photos! YAY!

Kelly said...

Hey Little Girl,
You didn't mention that you had everyone cracing up with your Nanny
(Fran Drescher) impression. Thanks for posting about the wedding. I thought I would wait for a few more pictures and post tomorrow. We had so, so, so much fun. Thanks for all the great comments about Paige looking beautiful. It was exactly what they wanted. Talk to you soon.
bfffffffffffffffffffffffffff
p.s. Rox was putting away Stephen's suitcase and found the photobooth picture of you and Stephen...she said they were crack'in up girl!

Julie Overby said...

Hi Lori!

Glad you had a great time. Your photos are beautiful!

Welcome home.