10/2/08

hey friends!

my name is lori and i have a huge problem. i am completely and totally addicted to playoff baseball. we are only 2 days into it and i have watched every game. kirk even put a tv outside so i wouldn't miss any action while i am outside playing with nate. scary. well, the red sox played so well last night but it will be a tough series, i am sure!

love this pic i took of nate outside yesterday. he is obsessed with picking flowers and leaves and all of that!

 



last night before my son joe went to bed i asked him to pick a number between 1 and 18 for a winner of my giveaway and he said 7 and 13. i said one number but he chose two! well, wouldn't you know it, number seven in the comments was DENISE! the chick who sends me all this shit! she says the only way she wants it back is if it's all cut up with pictures and bling all over it! LOL

well, number 13 was Marie from PC who needs a little happy box right now. her beautiful daughter megan is suffering from cancer and yes, Marie, CANCER SUCKS! i love the idea of a stamp that says F@#$ Cancer and how about "I {heart} My Oncologist!} it was 12 years ago this month that i lost my best friend to cancer. the two charities i always give BIG to are the ACS (american cancer society) and AS (autism speaks). those causes are close to my heart. i would love for you all to leave a comment and tell me what causes are close to your heart because you gotta have one (or two).

i love you Miss Marie from PC and i hope to drive down there for a visit and deliver this happy box in person.

God bless!

Peace,
Love,
Baseball.

~Lori
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Babe,
I sitting in my fave leather chair trying to study for those online contracting classes I was telling you about the other day and Jason is in bed reading to Daniel but not sticking to the stories and making up his own adult versions that are over Daniel's head and turning the pages....he had me in tears I was laughing so hard.
Thx for posting my fave Natey pic. So, precious. Still can't believe you're going to have a 5 year old on Monday!!! CRAZY
going to sleep or to surf the blackberry.....
sweet dreams love

Renee Lamb said...

hey ms. Lori....love the pics of Nate. such a cutie. and ya know...Cancer is one of my big causes too. I've lost numerous family for all different types, had an aunt who beat Breast Cancer last year and now my cousin is undergoing chemo to beat hers. It's such a F*****G ugly disease. I would love for a stamp like that. you should market it my friend. ;)

Anonymous said...

Hey Lori,
Yep...... I can hear you yelling for the Sox from here!! Cute picture of Nate.

Cancer is the one for me too. I just lost a very dear friend to that dreaded disease a couple of months ago - it came and took her fast. Too fast. Create those stamps for sure.

Marie said...

LUCKY LUCKY ME!!!!!!!!!!! Tell Joe that he's my favorite Renn boy (but only for today...) And if you bring the box in person--that makes me the luckiest of all. I'll have to make something extra special for you--maybe gumbo or shrimp etouffee?

Oh, and I love the I {heart} my oncologist idea. Reminds of the shirt Megan made for her appointment. She was wearing a white jacket and when she took it off for the doctor, the shirt said, "My oncologist is my homeboy." He didn't really get it. So we had to explain.

So, now I'll have something to look forward to--a happy box and a visit from Miss Lori!!!

Staci Taylor said...

Aww, your little nate is such a cutie!! Btw, I loved seeing the LO of him up close in ST :-) Too funny about your addiction, love that you have a tv outside so you don't miss the action, lol.

Unknown said...

Lori - My all time favorite charity is Saint Jude's. Cancer is awful enough without it taking the lives of the one's that are just beginning. I lost my mom to cancer and my sister-in-law has recently battled breast cancer. So far so good for her. I want to be first on the list to get your f*** Cancer stamp!

I wanted to let you know that I found your blog when I was drawn to your layout of Nate and your Mom and wanted to know more. Then I found out that all your work is awesome. Nate is adorable, he reminds me alot of my own Grandson. I love the new picture posted of him.